Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant
Licensed Professional Engineer – Chemical Engineering, WA
Certified Opacity Observer (EPA Method 9)
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Trained
BS Chemical Engineering, Montana State University, MT
Intel Division Recognition Award in semiconductor manufacturing for removal of a process step
Air and Waste Management Association
Society of Inland Northwest Environmental Scientists
2013 – date EH&S Consultant, Spring Environmental, Inc., Spokane, WA
2011 – 2012 Quality Control Analyst, Jubilant Hollister-Stier, Spokane, WA
2002 – 2005 Yield Analysis Engineer, Intel Corporation, Rio Rancho, NM
2000 – 2002 Yield Integration Engineer, Intel Corporation, Rio Rancho, NM
1997 – 2000 Process Engineer, Intel Corporation, Rio Rancho, NM
Work Experience (Selected Examples)
Compliance Auditing and Reporting
Performed semi-annual air permit compliance inspection and report for a lumber mill.
Completed emissions inventories and air quality compliance reports for a fuel distribution facility, a plant that produces fruit trays, several rock crushing plants, a flexographic printing press operation, and two lumber mills.
Completed emissions calculations and prepared Toxics Release Inventories for multiple facilities and industries in accordance with the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
Completed air permit application and stormwater notice of intent application for a rock crushing plant. Completed a corresponding site plan for management of stormwater discharges.
Prepared initial emissions inventory for a paint booth at an education facility.
Prepared air permit application to modify an asphalt production plant, including performing emissions calculations and AERSCREEN modeling to determine ambient air impacts of the proposed modification.
Pharmaceutical Quality Control
Performed wet bench testing on in-process and final container sterile injectable products per USP, EP, and JP Pharmacopoeia. Kept thorough, traceable, detailed accounts of all laboratory studies.
- Analyzed yield data on high volume Flash products to identify root cause of baseline fluctuations, drive factory quality improvements, and update forecasts.
- Performed statistical data analysis for engineering experiments and pilot lines.
- Completed front-end qualification for new Flash technology process on schedule.
- Coached process engineers on process, cost, and labor improvements.
- Improved labor productivity, reducing overall measure rate from 90% to 50% on critical dimensions.
- Developed area procedures for introduction of new products, and managed checklist completion.
- Managed pilot line for chemical usage reduction, and implemented changes on schedule, saving $2.6 million per year.
- Evaluated sampling plans and defect trends to save $128,000 per year in tool monitor costs.
- Improved equipment maintenance procedures to decrease defect limit by 70%.
- Taught classes on data extraction and analysis.
- Taught Process Flow classes to engineers and technicians.
- Developed new training packages for certification of Manufacturing Technicians, then provided the training.